LCHF stands for low carb high fat – but the good fats that help control appetite and stimulate weight loss. Coconut flour is such a divine low-carb flour, you can order it from Creeds health store. USDA Organic Certified, EcoCert – best quality. So enjoy these flapjacks – they are completely guilt free. Makes 10.
- 3 tablespoons Creeds Organic Coconut Flour
- 3 fresh, organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce (can make your own by blending apples)
- 1 tablespoon melted organic butter or coconut oil – and a little extra for the pan
- 3-4 tablespoons of coconut milk, almond milk or ordinary organic unpasteurised cow/goat milk
- Pinch of Creeds Stevia Powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Creeds Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
blueberries or other berries
organic butter or cream
- Heat a flat, large frying pan (cast iron is great) over medium to high heat
- Stir together the coconut flour and eggs till a smooth paste forms, stir in applesauce, milk and stevia.
- When smoothly stirred in, and just before cooking, stir in the baking soda and vinegar
- Put around a tablespoon of oil into the hot pan and cook the flapjacks.
- For best results make the flapjacks small so they are easier to flip.
- Top with organic butter or cream or berries …. YUM! You can also add the blueberries to the flapjack mixture when it is about half cooked.