Preparation time; 15 minutes
Cooking time; 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 onions , finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1C sliced wild game biltong, sliced
- 2C chopped mixed vegetables of your choice such as butternut, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots etc.
- 1 1/2 ltr vegetable stock of your choice
- 200g kale , finely shredded
Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions, garlic and then cook for 5 mins until soft. Pour in the stock, season and bring to the boil. Add in biltong and vegetables, Cook until vegetables are done almost to your liking. Add the kale and cook for 5 mins until tender. Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with
Alternatively, try slowly cooking shredded kale with olive oil and garlic and serving as a vegetable side dish, instead of spinach.