We rate this as a top recipe, loved by all and so simple that even the kids can make it in 15 minutes! Rich and full of flavour, it tastes like it has been simmering away on the stove all day.
Any blender / Spiraliser OR Vegetable peeler / 15 min prep
- 4 C mixed hard vegetables, such as baby gem squash or courgettes, sweet potato, butternut, etc
- 1 C baby tomatoes
- 1 C sun-dried tomatoes, soaked
- 1 C red onion, chopped
- 1/4 C dates, soaked
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1 T miso
- 1 t salt
- chilli to taste
- Blend sauce ingredients on high until smooth for about 30 seconds in a high-speed blender or 60 seconds in a regular blender.
- Spiralise the vegetables into linguine or use a vegetable peeler to make fettuccine ribbons.
- Soak the linguini in warm water to warm through.
- Add the Arrabbiata Sauce to a pan and warm gently, stirring constantly.
- Drain the vegetables and mix in with the sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
This is so quick and easy. Get the kids involved – they will absolutely love making the noodles with the spiraliser.