Now there is no longer an excuse that you do not have the time to make healthy meals. Here is a nutrient dense, balanced meal that meets all your nutrition requirements and really only takes 1 minute or less!
- 1 packet of green salad leaves or herbs (aim for darker green leaves)
- 1 packet fresh pre-cut stirfry vegetables or soup vegetables of your choice (note, all vegetables can be eaten raw so do not limit your choice of precut vegetables)
- 1 x packet baby tomatoes
- Optional extras: 1 packet of sprouts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, olives, sundried tomatoes, nuts, pickles, avocado pear etc.
- Optional protein: 1 serving tuna, sardines, free range organic biltong, boiled egg, lentils or a lean organic meat cooked the night before and chopped into small pieces.
- Salad dressing and flavourings: Your choice of olive oil, flax seed oil, hemp oil, other cold-pressed seed oil, hummus, tahini, pesto, apple-cider vinegar, rock or sea salt, fresh pepper, your choice of herbs or a salad dressing you made the night before.
Rinse and throw all ingredients into a salad bowl. Add your choice of optional extras and dressing or flavouring. Enjoy!