This is a decadent treat to celebrate a birthday or special occasion the healthy way.
- 2 C Almonds (best is soaked for 12 hours and then allowed to dry)
- 2 C Pitted dates
- 1/3 C Tahini or nut butter
- 4 T Raw chocolate powder (cacao)
- 4 T Cacao Butter
- 4 T Honey or agave nectar
- 1 Vanilla pod seeds or 2 t natural vanilla extract
Grind the almonds into a fine meal using a food processor with an S-blade. Grind the dates using a blender or food processor (you can use a small amount of water if needed). Slowly blend all the ingredients together in a food processor with an S-blade. Divide mixture into 2 parts. Shape each part into a layer of a cake and put to one side.
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 5 Pitted dates
- 1/2 C water
- 1/3 C cashews or pine nuts
- 2 T raw chocolate powder (cacao)
- 2 T cacao butter
- 1/2 Vanilla pod seeds or 2 t natural vanilla extract
Putting it all together:
- Handful of berries of your choice
- 1 banana – sliced
Take one of the cake halves, smear a thin layer of icing on top and add the sliced banana on top of that. Place the second cake half on top of the first cake half. Use the icing to ice the top and sides of the cake. Decorate the cake with the berries. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Share with someone special.