- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts OR sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup lentils
- vegetable or chicken stock (MSG and additive-free version)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander sprigs
- fresh lime juice to taste (optional)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Halve, peel, and seed butternut and cut into 1.5cm-2cm pieces. Finely chop the onion and in a shallow baking pan toss with butternut, oil, curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste until combined well. Bake butternut mixture in middle of oven until almost tender, about 20-25 minutes.
While the butternut is baking, in a saucepan of boiling stock water cook lentils until just tender but not falling apart, about 20 minutes. Drain lentils in a sieve and transfer to a bowl. Add squash mixture, coriander, lime juice, and natural salt and pepper to taste, and toss until combined well.
Sprinkle walnuts or pumpkin seed over salad.
For more variety you can add tomatoes, organic raw feta or baby spinach leaves to this salad.